Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Keane

Well I have started reading a book called Keane by Roy Keane and Eamon Dunphy. Two 'characters' in the Irish football world. Now, I know what your thinking here goes Bill on another stupid Roy Keane soccer junk. Well the truth is this whimsical character played a huge part as my development as a nut that I grew up to be.
I'll keep this as brief as possible because I get to write an extra credit paper on this man. Mainly I always admired Keane because A. He was Irish. B. He played football and C. He went all out and played the game hard. I never admired the flashy players in any sport like Kobe, Lebron, C. Ronaldo etc. But after reading half of the book but there is something deeper inside it. As much as I think that he is not its apparent to me that he was a normal hard working Irishmen from Cork. He wanted self respect through life and football. Each match he would start of physical so the other team wouldn't fuck around with him. He would also never quit on his job when Nottingham Forrest looked to be dropped from the league, something many players did. 
He physical numbers were not there either. Not the biggest, not the fastest, and certainly no the best technical player. But his drive and passion for the game is unmatched alright I am kinda getting bored of this. What!? Me getting bored talking about Roy Keane and football... Hey i am only human... Not like Keane

Thought of the Day: What would you do if you were drafted?

No comments:

Post a Comment