Monday, January 19, 2009

Finally watching movies

Well thursday at about 11 a miracle happened. "The Dark Knight" was on HBO. Since Eastern pays for all the dorms t have HBO I have been waiting for the movie to come out on it. I missed it a day or two before due to class. Now over the summer when everybody went Batman crazy I kinda felt like a bum. When we saw Batman begins and the theatre screen broke or something during the last ten minutes (just my luck) we got a full refund and went on to do our hoodrat stuff in Chicago Ridge Mall. So years go by and I just never saw the end, although I am a huge batman fan. Growing up at 4:30 cartoon network would play the batman cartoons and I loved em. I never liked Spiderman as much because he wasn't really human and Superman was just an alien to me but batman was the uber badass in my opinion. Quick story I remember crying because the Police Chief died in one of the special movie cartoons. 

So when the Dark Knight came out in theaters I was estatic but too lazy to rent the old version of batman instead i waited until TNT or TBS played it and I stayed in to watch it. Worth the wait? Yes, Liam Neeson broke my heart playing a villain. But I still enjoyed it. But the down fall of me is I build things up in my head or hear people building things up so I expect something beyond perfect. So when I watched it my head was spinning. Mullen left the room to go eat during the beginning and towards the end I was standing blanket wrapped around me getting as close to the tv without hurting my eyes or, more importantly, ruining the picture. 

Was it the greatest movie the world has ever seen? I still don't know maybe I'll never know. I love to watch movies and break them down in my head and do it over and over again. Last night I watched "No Country for Old Men" Mullen has been talking about it for a long time basically how awesome it was, and how its his favorite and blah blah. I remember getting in a argument over who was a better villain him or Darth Vader. Now me being a Star Wars dork I fought for Vaders respect to no avail, he did the same. The movie pissed me off mainly because the good guy didn't win. To think about it nobody really won. The Sheriff didn't even win he left thinking he was a failure. But I couldn't go to bed that night until 3-4 because I couldn't stop thinking about it. So I turned on Rock of Love Bus to put me to bed. 

So when I woke up I kinda asked myself. Isn't that the sign of a good movie always making you think? Making you lose sleep or am I just crazy? Now odds are that I am crazy but I still think the first one is true. So is it my favorite movie? Only time will tell but is it a great movie? Yes. Now I can't wait for the Dark Knight to be on again so I can watch it. I just hope its not during one of my classes or a soccer game......kill

Thought of the day: 
Who is the greatest Movie Villain? 

5 comments:

  1. Definatlty this guy is the greatest movie villian:
    http://www.shenkarworld.com/pics/Passion-of-the-Christ.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: "Quick story I remember crying because the Police Chief died in one of the special movie cartoons."

    That is very un -Roy Keane like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there when we got jipped out of batman begins. that sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was also there for that
    i think it was during one of those awkward times for us bill

    ReplyDelete