Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Simple Happy Memories

Today sitting in Biology trying to pay attention I couldn't help but wish that I could punch the DNA out of the kid next to me. I hate science always have and I suppose I always will. The kid and his buddy next to me had to be a ignorant prick to put it nicely. Luckily the Dr. Pederson got so side tracked we were asking questions about his dogs and family. So I just sat there thinking I don't know how but my mind went back to the good olde Dewey Lake.

Now, most likely I spelt the name wrong but it doesn't matter. My first memory of the glorious weekend was working at RSM a couple of days before the 4th of July. I had been hanging out with Tara and we have become pretty good friends and since her house/basement/backyard is the ultimate place to hang anytime of the year I got to meet her best friends: Meg, Colleen, and Grace (the Queen) Also I brought in Trev and we all just meshed well.  So Colleen asked me and Trev to go up to the cottage or house in the sisters lakes. Me and Trev had been there in May after prom and had a blast but that was with a different group. So sitting at RSM doing nothing like normal I was nervous my old man gave me some tude about it. He worries which is a good sign and I kinda expected it but later that day he gave me the go ahead. I think I was more worried than him though. Tara whom I knew the most was not going do to unforseen circumstances. So it was a gamble because I am kinda awkward and by kinda I mean very awkward. Throw in some women-folk I am like at a 7th grade dance all over again. You know the time when you dance with a girl arms fully extended on her hips she is doing the same. 

But any who I was in my little desk area debating if I should go texting Tara for some help, she is great at helping people. So with some thought I figured what the hell why not. Best decision I ever made. It started off kinda rocky the night before I had a long night and had a couple hours of sleep (3) and I was cranky and packed in to a little car named "Blue Angel. Meg was the Pilot of the vessel Coll riding shotgun Trev to the left window Grace in the middle for comic relief and the old cranky geeser to the right window, also all our gear was packed into the car too I might add! Once I herd the music we were listening to and the volume it was played at I knew no sleep could come my way. However, I did catch my self becoming a Taylor Swift fan, even though she is a shameless hussy who sings country. Traffic was horrible and this was my fault because they had to delay deployment because RSM needed me to be on facebook until 5. A two hours trip turned into a 5 hour voyage into across Indiana into Michigan. 

We started to play games in the car like 6 degrees of from kevin bacon, Trev is amazing at that. We started with the actor Sean Connery or Robert Mitchum. Trev did it in like 3 minutes. When we got to the house it was awesome Mrs. "C" was there with the family Sister 1 and brother 3 I think. Brother 3 was being a little brother lighting fire crackers and so on (2 days before the 4th) In a way I saw myself in him "bothering" or as I see it playing with the older kids. After many attempts we got a fire started and the good times rolled from there.  We all talked played some card games like circle of death and just chilled. It was great to sit relax and have some fun. 

The first night was a blast and a perfect way to vent and just enjoy each others company. The Rover T (trev), Grace, and I all stayed up later than the rest talking about various things on the boat, the bart.  It was one of those moments that after the first day you were like "O no I only have three more days" Actually I know I did that cause Meg goes "Just think we still have three more days!" And that changed my thinking a bit to not worry about time, TPS reports, files, waking up, or anything else. Swimming, trying to start the boat, more card games, watching the teenage couple and the third wheel next door, and just enjoying the company were all part of the next couple days agendas. 

Now, you know how I said I never really knew the other girls too well and was scared? Well it seemed I left all that back in Chicago. That summer we all become basically one. We all were best friends after that. Its hard to describe that weekend mainly because so much good came out of it. One of those moments where you feel like you knew the people forever. I for one cannot wait to go back. Now here is kinda a cheesy comment. The 4th of July is typically a holiday where you spend with your family. And I consider Trev, Meg, Coll, The Queen, and even Tara my family.

Suddenly the (stress the "e") Dr. Pederson said "woops of track again" the kids to the right of me finished their conversation about the useless crap they were talking about exchanged a quick "bro" handshake. I walked on past with a smile on my face only to step out into the cold artic wind. But I didn't mind because soon summer will be here and dewey will be lurking around the corner.

Thought of the Day: If you could pick one name what would it be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment