Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kel, Kil, or Kill?

This took me a long time to even decide if I wanted to spoil the mystery of the word 

Well recently people have been wondering about the word "Kill" As long as I can remember my Uncle P has been saying the word "kill" after somebody said something funny. When we were younger we used to think Uncle P was just saying "Kel" because of the show Keenan and Kel, yes the show with the Orange Soda. But after about 2-3 years of living a lie we found out or he told us that it was actually "kill" So it took a couple of year more like anywhere from 8-10 where it finally stuck in and I started to use it during my high school years.

It only took a crack team of experts like Eduardo, and Adams to perfect it. Sitting in Eddies basement probably making fun of women or meowing I used the word "kill" after a joke and it stuck. Now, I can't seem to stop using it or my friends to stop using it. During a long texting conversation one of my friends once said "I feel so accomplished when I get you to say kill." But what is the real story behind the word? 

Well my Uncle P uses the word "kil" instead of "kill" but its too late in my group because everybody says 'kill" But the real story went something along with a late pizza guy and a phone call. Now, I forgot the complete story but the word has a humble background. Despite the humble background it quickly rose to superstar status. The word Kil or Kill is the perfect example of the American Dream. 

Thought of The Day: When did you first hear Kil or Kill?

2 comments:

  1. They were relating the stroy to me - that's when I first heard it. Interestingly, that word was originally speard as a way to discredit the guy who said it - But then I lent my considerable social skills - meaning I started to repeat the word, in that voice, endlessly - and turned it into a positive word.

    I was proud.

    Original story - the pizza guy was late, the college aged people were standing around mad/complaining, then there was that moment of silence - just a second - when the only sound was that first, gruff, pronouncement:

    "Kil"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Para bailar La Bamba
    Para bailar La Bamba
    Se necessita una poca de gracia
    Una poca de gracia
    Para mi, para ti, ay arriba, ay arriba
    Ay, arriba arriba
    Por ti sere, por ti sere, por ti sere

    Yo no soy marinero
    Yo no soy marinero, soy capitan
    Soy capitan, soy capitan
    Bamba, bamba
    Bamba, bamba
    Bamba, bamba, bam

    Para bailar La Bamba
    Para bailar La Bamba
    Se necessita una poca de gracia
    Una poca de gracia
    Para mi, para ti, ay arriba, ay arriba

    (Guitar solo - Richie & instrumental)

    Para bailar La Bamba
    Para bailar La Bamba
    Se necessita una poca de gracia
    Una poca de gracia
    Para mi, para ti, ay arriba, ay arriba
    Ay, arriba arriba
    Por ti sere, por ti sere, por ti sere

    Bamba, bamba
    Bamba, bamba

    ReplyDelete