Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hooked but not a Hooker

Alright this is kinda fun. Wow I sound like the guy from the twix commercial with the lady he was trying to boinke and uses blogging as the in. Well my last post 30 mins ago was kinda weak and I wanted to actually write something that has been playing in my head for a couple of days now. Well, if you don't know me that well then you should know I love soccer (football) Easy dorks I do call it football not futbol like hispanics I call it Football or English football. Why you ask? Because thats the feckin name. But on the Youtube I love to watch Manchester United fans chanting. One of my favorites is a Asian man standing on a table doing a Jaap Stam chant. here is how it goes ahem
"Jip Jaap Stam is a big Dutchman. 
Get past him if ya fuckin can.
Try a little trick he'll make ya look a dick
Jip Jaap, Jaap Stam."
One of my best friends Colleen started the daunting task of becoming a follower and supporter of The Fire and by the grace of God she had the Old Manchester United spirit in her. So part of our friendship is sending each other chants and videos via the facebook. I enjoy getting them I can just see her eyes lighting up or at least i hope they do. Most people when I send them my favorite ones don't ever look at it or just write it off as Bill being a nut. So when she sends them to me I feel like I accomplished something.

 Well I think or hope I warned her about football. It breaks my heart but I keep going back for it. It took my life over when I was young. My favorite memories was going to the Fire game with my Uncle P (the name will be a post later) Standing as a 8-18 year old in various stadiums in various places Mainly Old Soldier field, Cardinal Stadium in Naperville, New Soldier Field, and of course Toyota Park. Those memories ok school friday then a soccer game that night (they used to play some games on friday if i remember correctly, a night downtown with easily my favorite uncle seeing various places going to eat at great little places, and of course classic memories that I will cherish. 

Has football affected my life? O God yeah. Mostly positive some negative. Classic example was Volleyball. Now me being 5 foot nothing and in my opinion a great work ethic (sports wise) was never a "gifted" athlete. So I was cut from soccer freshman year. So during volleyball Freshman-Senior year I worked hard and tried to mimic Manchester United legend and Captain Roy Keane. (first time I saw him was with uncle P at soldier field.....kill (explain later)
For those lucky ones who saw a Marist Mens Volleyball game would notice that I would wear my emotions on my sleeve. First night at Eastern a rice boyo said he went to the Marist Rice game (killed em) and said I was "Nuts" huge compliment in my opinion. I would scream taunt and rallied, or I hoped I did was rally the troops.....Ahhh just like Roy Keane. Being hated by opponents in club and stuff. Quick example was my club team holding me and Dave Brew trying to keep my mouth shut. Now the team reffing kinda screwed us out of a vital win and I voiced my opinion to the kid watching the lines and he said he "O well" or some smart ass comment so I went after him. Like Roy Keane did in the tunnels a couple of times.

Now was I trying to be a copy cat? No I just worked hard that tourny (Keith was out) and wanted to win gold and felt screwed about it.

Random thought: 
I am not a hooker I am just love to blog already. But would love to be a male hooker, get paid for having sex? Give me a better job.

2 comments:

  1. ahem. excuse me. favorite memories of going to fire games with uncle p? i think you fail to enter your sister maura. doi!

    -sarajevo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Du vish to be protestitutooten? Das ist nict jobben ver der jugend. Vhy don't du joinen zee armee unt zee der vurld? Polania, Franze, Norvay, unt Russia.

    ReplyDelete